This weekend we wen’t to the Kumeu Classic Car and hotrod show, just like we do every year but now we have Taylor and our saving our pennies to buy a house I decided we would take a picnic and not need to spend money on over priced junk food. I gathered a few cans of drink, items for a cheese platter and some fresh fruit but also knew we needed something else to make it special. We had quite a few strawberries that I considered freezing but thought better of that and whipped up a delicious Strawberry Coconut Loaf and boy was it good. Heavy enough to be a good lunch box treat but sweet and refreshing that it was perfect for a hot day out.
Strawberry Coconut Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 1 cup Chelsea White Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh strawberries hulled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 160°C and grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients together. Make sure not to over mix.
3. Put into a greased loaf tin, bake at 160°C for 1 hour.