While Taylor and daddy napped this weekend I decided it was time for me to get in the kitchen. While giving the fridge a bit of a clean out I found half a pumpkin that really needed to be cooked up so I decided I would whip some pumpkin puree baby food as it won’t be long now before Taylor starts solids and use some to make a pumpkin and cranberry loaf for me and Sam. It smelled amazing, it had great flavor (Sam may of even had thirds) and was fairly was easy to make.
Pumpkin Cranberry Loaf
- – 1 1/2 cups sugar
- – 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- – 2 eggs
- – 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- – 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- – 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- – 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- – 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- – 1/3 cup of water (room temperature)
- – 1 cup pumpkin puree
- – 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180’c and grease a 9x5inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar and oil and mix well. Add the eggs and beat till well mixed.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the sugar and egg mix alternately with the water until just combined. Make sure not to overmix.
- Stir in the pumpkin and cranberries.
- Pour your batter into the pre-prepared pan and bake at 180’c for an hour or until skewer comes out clean.
We had our with just a small slather of butter and a cup of tea after dinner but it would be delicious served with a orange glaze or marshmallow fluff topping.
(Sorry for the terrible photo quality but I didn’t get a chance to take any pictures until after dinner so missed my pretty light time)